Marketing yourself as a physician today is not the same as it was twenty years ago. Today’s world is driven by modern technology and the Internet, which has changed the way nearly everything on Earth is done. A quick Google search may bring up clues on how to go about creating marketing strategies for doctors, but there is also a lot of nonsense mixed in with conflicting advice. Following are five key ways you can update the way you market yourself in 2021.
- Optimize Your Profile – One common mistake when marketing online is when people forget to update their own business listings. It can be difficult to find you if you have different numbers and locations posted on the internet, and once you put one up, it will not change automatically unless you input the changes yourself. Make sure that all the online information about you is accurate and up to date so that your patients and future patients can find and connect with you easily.
- Structure Your Website Around Patient Experience – These days, everybody relies on websites to communicate and transact business in all industries all over the world. This means that if your website is difficult to navigate, then you are effectively making it harder for yourself to attract patients to your practice. All your services, treatments, and important pieces of information should be easy to find on your landing page and utilize the best possible search engine optimization practices so that your page appears regularly during Internet searches.
- Use Blogs To Stay Active With Content – One of the best ways to keep your audience engaged is by posting relevant blog content on a regular basis. Doing so improves the chances of people visiting your website, thereby increasing public awareness of your practice while identifying you as a voice in the medical industry or specialty of your choice.
- Make Use Of Social Media – Having a social media account makes it far easier for your target audience to interact with you. It is useful for posting links to blog content or lists of services and treatments that can be shared with clients and potential clients. It also provides a venue for direct messaging and video calls that will allow you to stay in touch directly. The best news is you can do all of this for free. There are options to spend money to boost exposure to a targeted audience, which is recommended, but ultimately not necessary.
- Rely On Patient Reviews – A doctor with good reviews online is more than 90% likely to be selected over another doctor whose track record is either hidden from plain sight or has less good reviews. The first order of business when it comes to good patient reviews is to first do your job to the best of your ability as much as possible. When patients have a good experience, they are likely to talk about it with their friends and family – and if you provide a section for them to write a review, they probably will! Once you gather enough good reviews, post them somewhere on your website or social media account where it is easy to see.
Looking to get into providing Qualified Medical Evaluation (QME) services? You are in the right place! Send TukkoMed a message and discover how we can help you help others!