The Covid-19 pandemic changed life as we knew it and nothing has been the same since. While the virus does not discriminate nor choose its victims, it is safe to say that no other profession has been affected as much by the pandemic as those engaged in the medical practice. Doctors have been bearing the huge responsibility of receiving and treating coronavirus-positive patients, many of them becoming sick and even dying from exposure. Now that vaccination is under way, some are starting to think about life after Covid-19. Following are five suggestions for doctors that are looking to celebrate a post-pandemic reality.
- Watch A Live Concert – So much time has been spent cooped up distancing from society (or wearing protective equipment at work as doctors) that everyone is yearning for the day things “go back to normal”. Imagine what it would be like to experience things in person again – such as the electric atmosphere of a full-on live concert. There is no feeling that can substitute being in the midst of a crowd that is “vibing” together to live music being played by your favorite band. Moments like that are not only fun, they will help deal with stress that may have built up over the pandemic. Once herd immunity takes hold in your area, you may want to seriously consider booking a ticket to a gig of your choice as soon as possible.
- Root For Your Favorite Sports Team – Another great crowd-fueled activity to take part in is heading out to watch your favorite professional sports team. Most Americans love sports, whether it is baseball, football, basketball, hockey, and more. Right now, sports leagues are operating with strict physical distancing regulations, but once it is safe to go outside again you can be sure that thousands of people will be flocking to their favorite home stadiums to catch a glimpse of the best athletes in the world. If you do not have a favorite sports team yet, choose one – then, when it is time, get out there and support them!
- Go Out Of Town – America is a huge country – and there are plenty of opportunities to discover and experience new things in each and every state. Why not check out the Grand Canyon, or perhaps see Yellowstone National Park? If that is not your thing, you could go city-slicking in New York or Chicago, or maybe experience the cuisine and culture of New Orleans? Wherever you decide to go, take in the sights, de-stress and rejuvenate, and have fun. It will be good for your soul.
- Experience Other Countries – Traveling around America is one thing but opening your eyes to the world is an experience you will never forget. Exposing yourself to other cultures will bring you new insights and broaden your mind – all while teaching you new ways of life. You may choose to visit breathtaking cities in Europe (such as London, Berlin, or Paris) or opt to go the extra mile and immerse in Asia. Another exciting possibility is to set your eyes on world wonders such as the Pyramids in Egypt, the Parthenon in Greece, or perhaps the Great Wall of China. What better than to snap the monotony of social distancing than to have a mind-blowing experience that changes your life forever?
- Catch Up With Family – Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the best thing to do after this madness is over will be to sit back and spend time with your family. Working in the medical industry during a pandemic is a tense situation that takes you away from your loved ones for hours at a time while draining you of your sanity. You owe yourself the peace of mind and quality time with your spouse, kids, siblings, and parents. You only live once, after all – and while being a doctor is truly a time-consuming effort, it is good to commit the remaining time you have to those around you that love you.
It has been a tough time for doctors all over the world – hang in there, we are approaching the light at the end of the tunnel. Finish strong, and do not forget to call on TukkoMed for your QME compliance needs.